Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

An added perk to living in Albuquerque is that I am so much closer to my family now!  Over Memorial Day weekend, we drove out to Heber, Arizona to meet my parents at their cabin.  It was the first time Adam, Matthew, Rachel and Lydia had seen Artie so it was a lot of fun.  We were bummed that my brother Brandon and his boys couldn't be there.  Benson and Nathan got sick and were unable to come up.  We also missed Jordan who is attending spring term at BYU.

On Friday we went to the petrified national forest.  It was the first time for all of us.  In my personal opinion, it was pretty cool for about the first 30 minutes.  Once you've seen some petrified wood, it's all pretty much the same after that.  Steven however, was fascinated the whole time.  Even though I didn't find it very interesting, I love that he gets so enthusiastic about things like that.  It's hilarious.

 See what I mean by once you've seen some, you've pretty much seen it all? 

It was very windy…

On Saturday the boys went golfing and the ladies stayed home and watched movies, played games and napped.  Saturday evening we had a BBQ and my aunt, uncle and grandparents joined us.

Nap time

Sunday we went to church and had a fun day with family.  We played games, including a very heated game of Settlers of Catan (I hate that game.  I always lose just barely and I'm really competitive!).  Sunday evening we went over to my aunt and uncle's cabin and had a nice meal.  It's always fun to be surrounded by family.

 This little boy!! 

My dad and Arthur

This trip was particularly special because I inherited a special antique that I've adored for years.  My Grandma gave me her rocking chair because I just had my first baby.  I've always thought that rocking chair was the most wonderful and comfortable rocking chair I've ever sat in, and I love that it's now in Artie's room.  I'm a very sentimental person; it's probably one of my favorite things in my home right now.

All in all, a great weekend with family.  I love only being 4 and a half hours away from a get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment