Thursday, June 23, 2011

Look what I found!!

So while I was on facebook yesterday I went to my chat bar and noticed that my sweet hubby was online, which was funny because he was in the other room. I thought I'd be a dork and message him, even though I could have easily talked to him. So I clicked on his name and sometimes parts of old conversations will show on the chat thingy (I don't know what to call that, but I'm sure all of you know what I'm talking about). This is the conversation that showed:

How have you been Amber? Long time no see. Are you still at BYU?

I'm awesome! Life is good :) And yep, I'm still here goin to BYU. How bout yourself? What have you been up to lately? Skiing im assuming? :)
I've been doin okay, been skiing a lot yeah, but not too much cause the snow has been kinda lame. How are you classes going? Are you getting along with your roommates? Are you still dating Mac?
My classes are SWEET! I love this semester :) and my gpa is going to love it to :). My roommates are pretty cool too, a little loud sometimes, but they're nice and keep the apt clean which is more than I can ask for. As far as Mac goes, we broke up over break. It was a mutual thing so that's good. We're still good friends. I just hung out with him the other night. How was your break? Did you go back to AZ?

Yes, my friends. My husband and I started dating because of facebook. Seriously! I had met him my first summer up there, but I had honestly forgotten about him until we became facebook friends months later. That was the very first conversation we had that started everything. (we had spoken before, but it was always on big group date type things) Unfortunately, facebook cut off this conversation yesterday and this was all I could read :(. However, I believe the conversation ended up with him asking me out to go skiing with him the following Saturday. Nice!

Something that cracks me up is that this short snippet is just flowing of BYU dating culture. Oh man, I know I'm still super young but, I do not miss dating AT ALL. Bleck. No thank you. I am so grateful to be married.

Well, thats all for now folks!



2 comments:

  1. I love going back and reading old emails and texts between Brad and I. It's so fun to think how far your relationship has come since then. I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking the same thing sooo much lately! I do not miss single life! and I wasn't even single for that long...but I think of my friends that are still at BYU & still single & I'm so glad I'm where I'm at! Thank goodness for wonderful, hot husbands!

    ReplyDelete