Sunday, May 15, 2011

One year down, eternity to go

Yesterday was our first year anniversary! It was the perfect day:

-We worked at the temple from 6:30 to 1:00 like every Saturday, but stayed an extra hour to help out the afternoon shift because they were short handed. Waking up at 5:30 was a little deja-vu-ish because I'm pretty sure I woke up around that same time on my wedding day. It was so neat to spend half of our anniversary at the temple. I got a little choked up while I was listening to the words of the sealing ceremony, and I'm so grateful that I'm married for eternity.

-After working at the temple we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. It was so much fun! They had a really cool Ape exhibit, and we also really liked the amphibian/reptile exhibit. My favorite animals to look at were the penguins, crocodiles and gorillas! I think Steven enjoyed the insect house and the amphibian/reptile exhibit the best (of course, what a guy!).

-We ended the day with a nice dinner together at a steak house called Bonnell's. It is seriously so so so delicious! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! After dinner we went home and crashed at 9:30 because we were in a food coma. And guess what? We didn't wake up until 9 this morning! Those 12 hours of sleep were amazing!

temple+zoo+food+sleep= best. day. ever.

ttfn! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun roller coaster of a day for you two! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete