Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas, changes and new additions


Well, the last month and a half has been fun and exciting. Not much of our day to day life has changed here in Texas, but there have been some fun things going on lately. Our trip to Arizona was great, and it was so fun to spend Christmas with my parents and siblings. Our new little addition, Lydia, is a joy to be around and I adore all of the pictures and videos Rachel sends me. Lucky for me, I am going home again in 9 days so I get to see her sweet little face again soon! I think something I've noticed as I go home every once in a while is how quickly people change in short amounts of time. This isn't a bad thing, but it seems like my brothers turn more and more into men every time I see them. I always leave home feeling more inspired to be better because of their example. I truly feel blessed to be a part of the family that I am in.



This is a family photo from our shoot on the 27th


Since we've returned to Texas, there have been a few changes. Steven is still studying his little butt off, but he really seems to be incredibly interested in what he's learning. He is finishing off the second half of his Physiology course right now, and he started Cell Biology when we got back from Christmas break. He had a test last Friday, and he is studying for another exam this upcoming Friday. Other than that, his life is pretty much the same.
As for me, my life has made a few changes that are a bit more dramatic. After a considerable amount of thought, prayer and tears, I have decided to transfer to TCU in Fort Worth. I already nanny for a family that lives across the street from the University, and I really want to go to school there. The education I was getting from UNT Dallas was NOT fun, and I was miserable going to school there. I was really worried about tuition, because it is about $16,000 PER SEMESTER. Fortunately, the transfer advisor that I met with told me that I would most likely qualify for the faculty scholarship which is a huge blessing. There is no way we could make TCU work if I couldn't get a scholarship. I have applied, and I am just waiting for that letter in the mail that says that I have been officially accepted, and that I have received my scholarship money. If all goes as planned, I will be starting school there this May. I am SO SO SO EXCITED :)



Exactly one week ago today, we adopted our newest member of the family. His name is Scampi, and he is the sweetest little guy in the whole world! He is playful and cuddly, and he never begs for food-which I love! Both Steven and I are totally in love with him. I honestly can't imagine my life without him now!




Last, but certainly not the least, Steven and I are now temple ordinance workers in the Dallas, Texas Temple. WE LOVE WORKING THERE! We serve on Saturday mornings from 6am until 12pm. This has become such a blessing in our lives. I have attributed all of the blessings I have received this last month to our decision to start serving there. It is another beautiful house of the Lord, and it has become the highlight of our weeks.



-The Neeley Crew of Two + kitty

3 comments:

  1. So many exciting things going on in your life! I'm so proud of you Amber. I hope you know that. You are making so many great choices and I cannot wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for you because of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Steven would appreciate you calling his butt "little"... :)

    ReplyDelete