Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Valentine's Day I'm Sure I Won't Forget...

My Valentine's Day started out like this:

I have the sweetest hubby! :)



BUT...15 minutes later it was this:

(insert horrific picture of my beautiful yellow car being smashed to bits)

Ya. It's been a rough 48 hours since.

Not fifteen minutes after I took the above picture and posted it on facebook a large, red SUV somehow "didn't see me" and merged into my rear right tire (he was switching lanes). I was in the far left lane of the freeway going at about 65-70 mph. I spun out and hit the cement median three or four times. My air bags went off, and somehow I have walked away practically untouched (minus some nasty bruises and a rug burn over my shoulder and collar bone). I have been thanking the dear Lord for saving my life every minute since the accident.

The man who hit me was at LEAST 70 years old, was wearing super thick tinted glasses and was walking funny. It was obvious he should NOT be on the road. Unfortunately, I didn't see who hit me (it happened from behind me and I don't have eye balls in the back of my head!) and the man says he "doesn't know who hit who". We have no witnesses. There were no cameras. And the police don't know who is telling the truth (um, me! Kinda obvious!). Basically, it's kind of an insurance nightmare. My car was only covered under liability insurance because it was considered totaled after the bad tornado/hail storm last May. So if we get any money at all it would be from the old man's insurance company. But guess what? He hasn't even filed a claim yet! And he won't admit that he hit me. Ughhhh...I'm dying. Can I just stop being an adult? I don't like it!

But, I'm alive, when I should be dead. I still have a mission here on earth that I need to fulfill. It was not my time to go (which I am ok with!). We'll see what happens with the insurance. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

-Amber

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I have been there on the accident level but never having to deal with people and insurance! Gotta love life huh! I'm glad you still have a mission here. It wouldn't be the same without!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so scary! Thank goodness you are okay. I think everyone in their life will at one time or another get hit by an old person who's a millon years passed their legal driving days. (Dave and I were with baby hannah...so so scary.) On the bright side, just think, you will have the best valentines day story to tell your great great grandkids of how you cheated death and did it with a car literally full of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's so scary! So glad you are ok! I'm sorry about the insurance stuff...sounds like a mess. I hope you get it all straightened out!

    ReplyDelete