Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One monster post!


I am going to try to make this post as easy to read and as efficient as possible. So many things have been happening in our lives within the last 6 weeks! Here we go:

1. Annual Neeley Girls Trip (plus little nephews). About three weeks ago I ditched school for four days to join my husband's family (just the girls and three little nephews) in Disney World. It was awesome! The weather was a bit sticky, which I am not a fan of, but it was a great trip. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws-I love them all!

Disclaimer: I have to be honest and say that I get a little embarrassed about how much I leave and vacation. I have never vacationed so much in my life since I got married. I try not to put much on facebook about when I come and go because I try to be sensitive to my friends and other people's situations. My worst fear is that someone will think that I'm trying to rub it in their face, or they'll think I'm ungrateful for everything I have. If anything, it has been an overwhelmingly humbling experience since I got married. Even before I got married, I have always been very blessed. I try not to take anything for granted.


It's SMEEEEE!!!

Stef and I waiting to go on Star Tours!

I texted this picture to Steven while I was gone with a caption that said, "It's a boy!", but I don't think he found it as funny as I did...

2. This last weekend my mom came to visit me and we went to the Taylor Swift concert! I heard that she wasn't that good live, and whoever told me that is off their rocker. It was UH. MAZ. ING. WOWWWW!!! I want to cry just thinking back on it, it was that good. The whole time I didn't want it to end. I also felt like a total dork because there wasn't a single song that I didn't know every word to. Ya, I guess I'm a total Swifty! It was also incredible watching her in the Cowboys Stadium. It was by far the biggest crowd she has had all tour and it was awesome to see her reaction to us-you could tell she was totally blown away by the deafening roar!


:)



<3

She is so pretty!

3. During this same weekend my hubby was down in central Texas doing the tough mudder race with his mom, two sisters and our brother-in-law Kyle. They were totally awesome and they all finished the race (which includes 11 miles, 23 obsticals, mud, water and craziness). Steven said it was one of the most fun things he has ever done, and he has convinced me to do one with him in January in Phoenix.


Team Awesome!!! (from left to right: Kina Thompson, Stefanie Delorey, Kyle Thompson, Steven Neeley, Becky Neeley)


Stef and Steven


Steven and my mother-in-law Becky

Stef and Steven

Ya, they're crazy :).

That's basically all of the fun and exciting things that we have been up to lately! Steven just found out that he made an A for his first quarter of his 2nd year and I am so proud of him! He has been studying so hard! I love TCU, and I've made some new friends. I am enjoying my CTR 4 class, and I am excited for the Primary Program in two weeks. Halloween is almost upon us and Steven and I are running a Halloween 5k called the Vampire Run on the 29th. All is well! Loving life!

P.S. Scampi still exists. He's very, very, very active and is a total nut case. He stole my make up brush from my bathroom (and I know because I caught him) and then he stole it again and it is no where to be found...poor brush :(

-Neeley Crew of Two

1 comment:

  1. Amber I LOVE YOU! I feel bad that you feel bad about being able to have SO MUCH FUN! Every time you post something about your fun trips I show my husband and we are amazed at all the fun you get to have! We love living through you! Have fun live it up! Its going to get lots harder to have that much fun pulling your kiddos along so enjoy!!! =]

    ReplyDelete